Pages

Monday, July 23, 2018

Padman

Which came first: Twinkle Khanna’s The Sanitary Man From A Sacred Land (from her collection of short stories) or R. Balki’s script, the basis for the forthcoming feature film PadMan? It turns out that both were being written simultaneously, without collaboration or symbiosis. The commonality, of course, is that both Khanna’s short story and Balki’s film are retellings of the life of Arunachalam Muruganantham, the Coimbatore-based creator of the low-cost sanitary pad-making machine. Muruganantham has been the subject of documentary features such as Amit Virmani’s Menstrual Man (2013), but he didn’t part with the film rights to his life story till he met Khanna and Balki. “For one-and-a-half years I didn’t answer them. I first met Twinkle in London and said I would agree only after I met Balki and could explain myself to him. And after seeing Akshay (Kumar) in Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, Airlift and OMG: Oh My God!, I had the confidence that he will do a good job playing me,” says Muruganantham on the phone. Based on a screenplay by Balki and Swanand Kirkire, PadMan is co-produced by Khanna and features actors Akshay Kumar, Radhika Apte and Sonam Kapoor.

https://fullmoviezs.com/padman/

0 comments:

Post a Comment